QUALITY. INTEGRITY. EXPERIENCE.
The defining precepts of B L Bennett Construction
Barney L. Bennett, our company president, has taken a lifetime of experience in the commercial construction industry and invested it in the business that bears his name.
Barney began his career working for his father during summer breaks on various job sites for Churchwell Plastering Company. In 1979, while attending college, he joined the office staff, supplementing his business education with real life experience. That same year, Barney was instrumental in the creation of H & B Construction Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchwell Plastering Company. In 1982 he graduated from Mercer University with a BBA in Accounting and a commitment to continue his family’s tradition of quality in the commercial and industrial construction industry. When his father retired in 1987, Barney founded B L Bennett Construction, a company that has earned the respect of clients and architects alike by providing quality construction in a timely manner. Shortly afterward, the company branched out and began providing expert foundation repair services for the residential and commercial markets.
From beginning to end, each of our projects is given the highest caliber of professional attention. Our clients have complete peace of mind, knowing that they are working with a dedicated, experienced team. Many of our staff members have a solid, long-term relationship with the Bennett family businesses. Office Manager Nadine Loyd and General Superintendent Randy Biron have both worked at Churchwell Plastering Company and H & B Construction, and were an important part of the creation of B L Bennett Construction Special Projects Director Jodie Mote began his construction career at Churchwell Plastering Company and worked alongside Barney Bennett for many years before joining the B L Bennett Construction team in 1997.
Barney has taken his business acumen and extensive hands-on experience as a business owner into the community, serving as the Executive Director and past Chairman of the Board for the Better Business Bureau.
Each of the members of the skilled professional team at B L Bennett Construction bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to every construction or foundation repair project. Be it renovations or new construction, B L Bennett Construction is dedicated to doing the best job possible. It is always their priority to provide a special personal touch on each site, with the on-site superintendents and the office staff working together to ensure the efficient completion of each task to the highest quality standards.
B L Bennett Construction has a sterling reputation of documented success on many projects throughout Central Georgia, including churches, banks, schools, offices and other buildings. A few of their noteworthy portfolio items are:
- Mercer University - B L Bennett Construction was responsible for the renovation of the elegant President’s Dining Room, a project involving highly detailed woodwork and ornate paneling that gives the room an air of distinction.
- Cherry Blossom Festival – B L Bennett Construction built a new headquarters building, designed to blend with the historic downtown, yet featuring the unique eye-catching pink color associated with the festival.
- Technicon Engineering, Inc. – B L Bennett Construction successfully completed the renovation of the historic McKession Drugs building in downtown Macon.
B L Bennett Construction is a company dedicated to quality, honesty and a deep well of knowledge and experience. Each person associated with this firm takes pride in the contribution they have made to this community. Doesn’t your next project demand that level of commitment?
Barney L. Bennett
B.B.A. Accounting, Mercer University
Barney has over 30 years experience in commercial & industrial construction.
Nadine Loyd, Office Manager
Jodie Mote, Special Projects Director
Randy Biron, General Superintendent
We employ only skilled, knowledgeable and experienced commercial construction professionals dedicated to on time, quality construction.
- Pride in workmanship
- Quality oriented
- Attention to detail & quality
- Timely completion of projects
- Good rapport with area architects
- Satisfied customers and repeat clientele
- Bibb County Courthouse – New Elevator & Security Entrance
- Bibb County Fire Station Jones & Houston Rd.
- Cherry Blossom Headquarters Building
- Mercer University – President’s Dining Room Renovations
- Mercer University – Trustees Dining Room Renovations
- Fort Valley State College – Multiple Renovations
- Middle Georgia College – Multiple Renovations
- Public Service Telephone – Multiple Office Buildings
- Riley Elementary School – New Kitchen Facilities
- Skyview Elementary School – Additions
- SSK / Coldwell Banker Realtors – New Headquarters
- Shoppes At River Crossing – Multiple Retail Spaces
- Cottage 11 Bill E. Ireland YDC