Push Pier Systems for Commercial Structures
Push pier systems are a cost-effective, reliable method for supporting, stabilizing or lifting settling or settling commercial foundations. Our push pier systems are constructed of the highest quality steel tubing and load transfer brackets, ideal for steadying the compromised foundation. First, the foundation brackets are firmly attached to existing footings. Then the push piers are driven through the brackets and deep into the soil, using the weight of the structure and the weight of the surrounding soil as resistance.
Pier sections are driven into the soil until stable, solid earth is reached. When this occurs, the structure will begin to lift and the optimum pressure and load is achieved. The piers then transfer the weight of the structure from the original unstable soil to the firm load bearing soil or bedrock.
Benefits of Push Pier Systems:
- Does not rely on skin friction for capacity
- Installation is easy – even in areas with limited access
- Each pier is load-tested during the installation process
- Lifting of settled structures – return the building to the original level position
- Factors of safety from 1.5 to 3
- Corrosion resistant galvanized pier sections